Mr. Marco Coccia is our resident in house Exercise Physiologist. He provides:
- The analysis, improvement, and maintenance of health and fitness
- The rehabilitation of heart disease and other chronic diseases and disabilities
- The professional guidance and counsel of athletes and others interested in sports training.
- Scientific support at various levels to athletes and teams within a single or several sports.
Marco Coccia is a healthcare professional who has completed a degree in BSc exercise and sport science and MSc Exercise Rehab. He is trained to:
- Adminster exercise stress tests in healthy and unhealthy populations.
- Evaluate a person’s overall health, with special attention to cardiovascular function and metabolism.
- Develop individualised exercise prescriptions to increase physical strength, endurance and flexibility.
- Design customised exercise programs to meet health care needs and athletic performance goals.
- He has gained valuable experience during his time working in Italy, Australia and Malta.
Book a consultation with our Exercise Physiologist if you would like to:
- Overcome persisting pain caused by injury or overuse.
- Improve your heart health.
- Rehabilitate following a cardiac event.
- Control your diabetes.
- Prevent pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes.
- Improve your recovery following cancer treatment.
- Improve your general health and well-being.
- Perform functional assessments
- Carry out sub-maximal and maximal fitness tests.
- Perform body composition tests and musculoskeletal assessments
- Provide lifestyle education to help people manage their conditions.
- Treat medical conditions such as obesity, arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, depression, asthma, cardiovascular diseases as well as many other conditions.